La Paz - Sajama – Parinacota – La Paz
- 1. La Paz - Sajama – Parinacota High Camp (5000m16.404ft)
We leave from the hotel around 09h00 and today’s route takes us on a nice tour across the Altiplano. We start by driving south to the small town Patacamaya where we turn west and the rest of the way we are guided by the imposing stratovolcano Sajama. On our way we visit the Chullpas which are burial chambers from the pre-Colombian era, now empty because of systematic pillage. A few kilometres before we reach the Sajama National Park we stop at the small village Curahuara de Carangas. The towns colonial church is known as the Sistine chapel of the Altiplano, because of its perfectly conserved frescos, painted solely with natural paint. After this impressive visit we continue directly to the Parinacota High Camp at 5000m/16.404ft.
2. High Camp - Summit Attempt Parinacota (6330m/20.767ft) – Tomarapi (4283m/14.052ft)
We start our summit attempt early in the morning and the ascend does not represent any difficulties except for the altitude and it takes about 7-8hours to reach the summit. On the summit we’ll see a perfect crater of 300metres in diameter and we have a beautiful view of the Atacama Desert, the Pacific Ocean, the Sajama and the Pomerata. The descend takes about 2 hours and we arrive at the thermal springs and the mountain Sajama where we can swim in the warm water.
3. Sajama – La Paz
After a good night’s rest we leave Tomarapi to discover the Sajama National Park. We visit the geothermal fields and we’ll take a swim in the thermal springs. After lunch we return to La Paz. End of our services
Important: Itinerary can change as a result of weather conditions and some sights are not accessible at all times – Lipiko Tours cannot be held responsible for any changes in itinerary and sights not visited as a result.
- General Information:
Highlights: Parinacota, West Cordillera
Support Team: Spanish speaking mountain guide
Optional; English speaking translator
Accommodation: 1 night camping (2 people per tent) and 1 night in Eco Lodge
Guaranteed departure: From 2 people
Group size: 2 to 8 people
Porterage: Your equipment will be carried by mules or porters and should not exceed 10kg/22lb. You will have to carry any personal equipment which you might need for the day.
Included in the price:
- Transport and transfers as outlined in the program
- Private tour with certified (ENSA/IFMGA) Spanish speaking mountain guide or certified (ENSA/IFMGA) Spanish speaking mountain guide and English speaking translator depending on chosen option
- Collective camping material
- Meals mentioned
Not included in the price:
- Obligatory personal travel insurance
- Entrance fees to parks, sites and museums (allow for approx. 50 boliviano per person – this is an estimate and actual prices may vary)
- Meals not mentioned, tips and drinks
- Personal equipment
Expenses during the tour:
- Drinks, tips and all other personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned
- Accommodation not mentioned
- Possible rental of mountain climbing equipment if you are not bringing your own material