1. La Paz - Sorata (2700m/8.858ft) We leave La Paz in a private vehicle around 8h00. Our destination is the small village of Sorata situated at the bottom of a green valley at the foot of the imposing Illampu Massif (6368m/20.892ft). When the weather permits we can see its snow clad peak from the main square in Sorata. We spend the night in Sorata.
2. Sorata - Lacatiya (3900m/12.795ft) In the morning, after breakfast, we meet our group of mule drivers and after having charged the animals our trek starts. This first day of hiking will not be easy and we start with a long ascend to the Estancia Lacatiya which will be our first campsite.
3. Lacatiya - Laguna Illampu - Laguna Chilata (4200m/13.780ft) From our camp we hike up to the Laguna Illampu (4300m/14.108ft), and from here we move onwards on the slopes of the massif Illampu until the Laguna Chilata, where we set up camp.
4. Laguna Chilata - Laguna Glaciar (5038m/16.529ft) - Laguna Chilata We leave in the morning to hike up to the Laguna Glaciar, which gets its name from the glacier that literally falls into its shore (4/5h). From here we have an excellent view on the Lake Titicaca, the Sorata Valley and the Andes Mountains! In the afternoon we walk back down to our camp close to the Laguna Chilata.
5. Laguna Chilata - Sorata - La Paz We walk down to Sorata in the morning and in the afternoon the car takes us back to La Paz (3-4hrs). End of our services
Important: Itinerary can change as a result of weather conditions and some sights are not accessible at all times – Lipiko Tours cannot be held responsible for any changes in itinerary and sights not visited as a result.
Highlights: Royal Cordillera
Support Team: Specialised Spanish or English speaking guide depending on chosen option
Accommodation: 3 nights in tent (2 people per tent) and one night in hostal Attention: No possibility for single tent during this tour
Guaranteed departure: from 2 people
Group size: 2 to 8 people
Porterage: Your luggage will most likely be carried by mules or in some cases porters. Your personal equipment should not exceed 10kg/22lb. You will have to carry the personal equipment you need during the day.
Included in the price: - Transfers and transport as indicated in the day to day program - Private trek with local Spanish speaking guide or local English speaking guide (depending on availability Spanish speaking guide and English speaking translator) depending on chosen option - Porterage - Camping - Collective camping equipment - Meals mentioned
Not included in the price: - Obligatory personal travel insurance - Entrance fees to parks, sites and museums (allow for approx. 50 Bs, Bolivian national currency - this is an estimate and actual prices may vary) - Meals not mentioned, tips, drinks and other personal expenses - Personal equipment - Accommodation not mentioned