La Paz - Laguna Tuni - Laguna Chiar Khota - La Paz
- 1. La Paz - Laguna Tuni - Laguna Chiar Khota (4670m/15.320ft)
We leave La Paz in a private vehicle around 07h00 for the village Tuni from where our trek starts. First we hike parallel with the lake Tuni and thereafter we walk up a beautiful valley which brings us to the Laguna Chiarkhota. We trek opposite the “head of the condor” (5648m/18.530ft), which along with its two summits make up the Condoriri.
2. Laguna Chiar Khota - Laguna Wichu Khota (4680m)
We leave the surroundings of the Condoriri and walk to the foot of the Aguja Negra crossing the mountain pass Jallayko (5025m/16.486ft). In the Jistaña valley we change mountainside and we climb to the Thipala mountain pass (5000m/16.404ft). After having enjoyed the wonderful view of the lakes we walk down to the Laguna Wichu Khota where we set up camp in front of the Maria Lloco (5522m/18.117ft).
3. Laguna Wichu Khota - Santa Fe – Maria Lloco (4800m)
We advance in between the lakes until the old campsite for the Santa Fe mine, at the foot of the Imilla Apachita (5184m/17.008ft). From the headland above the abandoned mine we have a wonderful view of the lakes, and from here we walk down to our campsite at the feet of the summits Imilla Apachita, Maria Lloco and Huayna Potosi.
4. Maria Lloco – Huayna Potosi Shelter (4700m/15.420ft) – La Paz
In the morning we go to the glacier lake of Huayna Potosi. The trail leading there is a dried out canal on the mountain slope, and it is one long viewpoint (2½ hrs return). We then return to the path that brings us to the Milluni mountain pass (5000m/16.404ft) and from here we walk down to the valley which we follow to the Huayna Potosi shelter. From here we can see how the river literally falls into the green and tropical Yungas. This is also where our trek ends. A car will be waiting for us to take us back to La Paz in the afternoon. End of our services
Important: Itinerary can change as a result of weather conditions and some sights are not accessible at all times – Lipiko Tours cannot be held responsible for any changes in itinerary and sights not visited as a result.
- General Information:
Highlights: Royal Cordillera
Support Team: Specialised Spanish or English speaking guide depending on chosen option
Accommodation: 3 nights in tent (2 people per tent)
Attention: No possibility for single tent during this tour
Guaranteed departure: from 2 people
Group size: 2 to 8 people
Porterage: Your luggage will most likely be carried by mules or in some cases porters. Your personal equipment should not exceed 10kg/22lb. You will have to carry the personal equipment you need during the day.
Included in the price:
- Transfers and transport as indicated in the day to day program
- Private trek with local Spanish speaking guide or local English speaking guide (depending on availability Spanish speaking guide and English speaking translator) depending on chosen option
- Collective camping equipment
- Meals mentioned
Not included in the price:
- Obligatory personal travel insurance
- Entrance fees to parks, sites and museums (allow for approx. 20 Bs, Bolivian national currency - this is an estimate and actual prices may vary)
- Meals not mentioned, tips, drinks and other personal expenses
- Personal equipment
- Accommodation not mentioned