|Departure||Travel length||Price||Book Now|
|Every day||9 days||
Group of 2 to 6 people 479 $ all included
La Paz - Sorata - Ancoma - La Paz
1. La Paz - Sorata (2700m/8.858ft) - Ancoma (3900m/12.795ft)
From La Paz we leave for Sorata from where we continue to the small village Ancoma on the north-east slope of the Illampu where we install our camp.
2. Ancoma - Paso Okhoto (4000m/13.123ft)
We start with a 4 hour climb to the Khorawasi mountain pass at 4479m/14.695ft. From here we enter the Pico del Norte's valley of glaciers, which is scattered with moraines and seracs. Another two hours takes us to the Okhoto mountain pass, which opens the way to the principal moraines.
3. Paso Okhoto – Base Camp (4900m/16.076ft)
From the Okhoto mountain pass we continue towards the base camp situated at 4900m/16.076ft. We slowly hike through the moraines on a precipitous path, and the glaciers of Ancohuma are not far away.
4. Base Camp – High Camp (5700m/18.101ft)
Before arriving at snow covered ground we have a difficult day ahead of us. The most of the day we hike through unstable seracs and moraines and before reaching the high camp we walk up a series of platforms.
5. High Camp - Summit Attempt Ancohuma (6427m/21.086ft) - High Camp
We follow a series of glaciers and slopes before arriving at the main crest which leads us all the way to the summit. After having reached our objective we make our way back to the high camp.
6. High Camp - Paso Okhoto (4000m/13.123ft)
We hike back down to the Paso Okhoto where we spend the night. The hike back down needs to be undertaken with precaution because of the rugged ground.
7. Paso Okhoto – Ancoma (3900m/12.795ft)
From the Okhoto mountain pass we rejoin the Khorawasi mountain pass before walking down to the small village Ancoma.
8. Ancoma - Sorata
We walk up to the Wila Khota mountain pass (4890m/16.043ft) before walking back down to the small village Sorata.
9. Sorata - La Paz (3663m/12.018ft)
The morning is free to visit the caves of San Pedro and after lunch we return to La Paz. End of our services.
Important: Itinerary can change as a result of weather conditions and some sights are not accessible at all times – Lipiko Tours cannot be held responsible for any changes in itinerary and sights not visited as a result.
Highlights: Ancohuma, Sorata, Royal Cordillera
Support Team: Spanish speaking mountain guide
Optional: English speaking translator
Accommodation: 7 nights camping (2 people per tent) and 1 night in hostel
Guaranteed departure: From 2 people
Group size: 2 to 8 people
Porterage: Your equipment will be carried by mules or porters and should not exceed 10kg/22lb. You will have to carry any personal equipment which you might need for the day.
Included in the price:
- Transport and transfers as outlined in the program
- Private tour with certified (ENSA/IFMGA) Spanish speaking mountain guide or certified (ENSA/IFMGA) Spanish speaking mountain guide and English speaking translator depending on chosen option
- Collective camping material
- Meals mentioned
Not included in the price:
- Obligatory personal travel insurance
- Entrance fees to parks, sites and museums (allow for approx. 50 boliviano per person – this is an estimate and actual prices may vary)
- Meals not mentioned, tips and drinks
- Personal equipment
Expenses during the tour:
- Drinks, tips and all other personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned
- Accommodation not mentioned
- Possible rental of mountain climbing equipment if you are not bringing your own material