La Paz - Laguna Tuni - Laguna Chiar Khota - Laguna Tuni - La Paz
- The Ala Norte (sometimes called the left wing) is part of the Condoriri group. This group consists of 3 summits, the Cabeza del Condor (5648m/18.530ftm/18.530ft), Ala norte (5482m/17.985ft) and Ala Norte (5532m/18.149ft/18.149ft). The Ala Norte like the Ala norte represents some major technical difficulties because a part of the climb is undertaken on a rock face of 50° and 55°. The descend is also quite challenging, because certain places require abseiling. We recommend these summits to experienced climbers.
1. La Paz - Laguna Tuni - Laguna Chiar Khota (4670m/15.321ft)
We leave La Paz in a private vehicle around 09h00 for the village Tuni from where our trek starts. First we hike parallel with the lake Tuni and thereafter we walk up a beautiful valley which brings us to the Laguna Chiar Khota. We trek opposite the “head of the condor” (5648m/18.530ftm/18.530ft), which along with its two summits make up the Condoriri.
2. Laguna Chiar Khota – Summit attempt Ala Norte (5532m/18.149ft) - Laguna Chiar Khota
We leave at 05h00 in the morning to try and reach the summit by the normal route where after we re-descend to the Laguna Chiar Khota.
3. Laguna Chiarkhota - Laguna Tuni - La Paz We walk back down to the Laguna Tuni where our car is waiting to bring us back to La Paz. End of our services
Important: Itinerary can change as a result of weather conditions and some sights are not accessible at all times – Lipiko Tours cannot be held responsible for any changes in itinerary and sights not visited as a result.
- General Information
Highlights: Ala Norte, Condoriri, Royal Cordillera
Support Team: Spanish speaking mountain guide
Optional; English speaking translator
Accommodation: 2 nights camping (2 people per tent)
Guaranteed departure: From 2 people
Group size: 2 to 8 people
Porterage: Your equipment will be carried by mules or porters and should not exceed 10kg/22lb. You will have to carry any personal equipment which you might need for the day.
Included in the price:
- Transport and transfers as outlined in the program
- Private tour with certified (ENSA/IFMGA) Spanish speaking mountain guide or certified (ENSA/IFMGA) Spanish speaking mountain guide and English speaking translator depending on chosen option
- Collective camping material
- Meals mentioned
Not included in the price:
- Obligatory personal travel insurance
- Entrance fees to parks, sites and museums (allow for approx. 50 boliviano per person – this is an estimate and actual prices may vary)
- Meals not mentioned, tips and drinks
- Personal equipment
Expenses during the tour:
- Drinks, tips and all other personal expenses
- Meals not mentioned
- Accommodation not mentioned
- Possible rental of mountain climbing equipment if you are not bringing your own material