|Departure||Travel length||Price||Book Now|
|Everyday||3 days||209 $ all included|
Day 2 - Kakapi - Yanacachi (2000m/6,562ft)
Day 3 - Yanacachi - Puente Villa (1200m/3,937ft) - La Paz
We leave early from La Paz to the mine San Francisco (4220m/13,845ft) where we meet our porters and have breakfast. Then we start our trek by walking up to a mountain pass at (4650m/15,256ft), at the foot of the Takesi peak. Suddenly we dive into the precipitous valleys of the Yungas. A paved pre-Colombian path takes us to the Estancia Takesi and from here we continue to the small village Kakapi.
Pre-Colombian ruins and isolated villages now give way to giant ferns, orchids and all kinds of tropical vegetation. Around midday we arrive at the charming village Yanacachi, and after lunch we visit a local coca plantation. The coca that is cultivated in the Yungas is destined for the legal market, meaning for the millions of Bolivians that chew the leaves every day.
We continue our trek along the river Takesi until we reach the village Villa Aspiazu, from where we start descending to Puente Villa. We have lunch close to the village in a tropical green setting before we head back to La Paz.
Important: Itinerary can change as a result of weather conditions and some sights are not accessible at all times – Boost Bolivia cannot be held responsible for any changes in itinerary and sights not visited as a result.
Support Team: Spanish/English speaking guides.
Guaranteed departure: from 2 people
Group size: 2 to 12 people
Accommodation: 1 nights in tent
Porterage: Porterage of collective material is included. Your luggage will be transported either by plane, car, boat, and bus to the first camp then you will have to carry the personal belongings during the trek (10kg10kg/22lb per person)
Included in the price:
- Specialized trek guide
- Water and land transfers as indicated in the program
- Entrance fees to sites visited, national parks and museums as indicated in the program
- Collective trek material (tent, mats,
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- The assistance of specialised local guides, their fees and expenses
- The assistance of our local teams; driver(s) and logistics department (24/7)
- Visits as outlined in the program
Not included in the price:
- Personal porterage fo personal material and gear
- Personal trek gear and material
- Meals not mentioned, drinks, tips, individual equipment, everything not mentioned in “included in the price” and all personal expenses
- Individual obligatory personal travel insurance (this could be included with your credit card please check with your credit card provider)