|Departure||Travel length||Price||Book Now|
|Everyday||3 days||179 $ all included|
Day 1 - La Paz – Chiar Kota Lake (4700m)
Day 2 - Pico Tarija summit (5300m)
Day 3 - The Head of the Condor summit (5700m) – La Paz
We take off early from La Paz for the base-camp at lake Chiar Kota (4700m) a 1,5-hour hike from where the car leaves us. This is a beautiful camp spot suitable for the active high season with toilettes and potable water right at the grounds. Here we install our camp with tents and prepare for the night’s hike to Pico Tarija.
We start the ascend around 4 am. on the trail that leads to the glacier, where we put our crampons on and head for the summit to Pico Tarija on the way. We aim to reach the summit at sunrise and after a deserved little rest and photo-shoot, we return to the camp.
After a quick breakfast we head towards the main summit at 2 am. It is a strenuous start up the glacier moraine, then we hike up the glacier before reaching a crack that invites for a bit of mixed climbing. The last part is a thin ridge and a few metres of rocky wall finishing up with another fine-lined ridge. After enjoying the achievement, we descend to the camp, eat, and from there hike down to the car and drive back to La Paz arriving in the late afternoon.
Important: Itinerary can change as a result of weather conditions and some sights are not accessible at all times – Boost Bolivia cannot be held responsible for any changes in itinerary and sights not visited as a result.
Highlights: Cabeza del Condor - Condoriri, Royal Cordillera
Support Team: Spanish/English speaking guides.
Guaranteed departure: from 2 people
Group size: 2 to 12 people
Accommodation: 2 nights camping (2 people per tent)
Porterage: Porterage of collective material is included. Your luggage will be transported either by plane, car, boat, and bus to the first camp then you will have to carry the personal belongings during the trek (10kg10kg/22lb per person)
Included in the price:
- Water and land transfers as indicated in the program
- Entrance fees to sites visited, national parks and museums as indicated in the program
- Accommodation 2 nights camping (2 people per tent)
- Meals as mentioned in the program
- The assistance of specialised local guides, their fees and expenses
- The assistance of our local teams; driver(s) and logistics department (24/7)
- Visits as outlined in the program
Not included in the price:
- Meals not mentioned, drinks, tips, individual equipment, everything not mentioned in “included in the price” and all personal expenses
- Individual obligatory personal travel insurance (this could be included with your credit card please check with your credit card provider)